The company was founded in 1986 by Mark Atherton and Ralph Morris trading as A & M Engineering. Both partners had worked for a local agricultural dealer repairing tractors and machinery. We began operating from a medium sized premises in Lower Lamphey, Pembrokeshire providing agricultural engineering for local farmers and contractors.
A few years later we started selling used tractors and machinery, then in 1994 we became a main dealer to sell new tractors and machinery.
With the growth of the business came the need for better coverage in West Wales. This led to the construction of our head office in St Clears in 2006.
About 10 years later, we opened our Llandow depot, providing further coverage in South Wales.
Although agriculture has always been the primary business, over the years we have added additional products and services to the business from other sectors such as Construction, Groundcare, Online retailing and Finance. After discussion amongst the partners, we decided to change the name of the company to A & M Group in 2019.
We now offer a wide range of products from leading brands and continue to look for growth opportunities to fulfil the needs of our customers.
ST CLEARS OFFICE
A & M Group, Blewgyd, St Clears, Carmarthenshire, SA33 4LX
+44 (0) 1994 231144
A & M Group, Unit 9A Main Avenue, Brackla Industrial Estate, Bridgend, CF31 2AG
+44 (0) 1656 656355